Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Caraway, Lettuce,White Bean and Parmesan Soup

Um.
Um.

Sometimes I don't think things through.
Sometimes I don't pay attention to the details.
Sometimes I do some other, third option. It probably involves over  enthusiasm or a lack of enthusiasm. Or not remembering what I like. Or being adventurous when I should take the path most followed.

Sometimes I do all of that at once.

Tonight was one of those times.

It started with a simple case of mistaken identity. It said on the list that I was getting cabbage in my CSA box. I was excited. I like cabbage now, apparently. No really, I do.
I found this. I wasn't sure at the time if it was actually cabbage. I inquired of my parents. My mom said it might be. I didn't bother to taste it. It fell to the back of my mind, but as CABBAGE. I thought it was cabbage.  

It's definitely lettuce. Cabbage dream crushing lettuce. This is the lettuce of my discontent. 

But I had a recipe damnit. I was going to use it, come hell or high water.

Did it taste good?

Uhh.. no.
I added sriracha to make it palatable :(

No comments:

Post a Comment