Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Broccoli Daikon Soup

Every wednesday, we have meetings at work that typically last for three and a half hours. I typically zone out, fall asleep, flirt with my (gay) soulmate via text, or browse reddit for most of the duration. Today, though, I was trolling the internet for yummy sounding recipes. I've come to the conclusion that the internet is generally not a big fan of broccoli in soups. I had a head of broccoli that had gone from delightfully verdant and firm, to limp, flaccid and jaundiced.
Maybe I just wanted to use the word flaccid.
I also had an equally floppy daikon radish sitting in the fridge, languishing alone on the bottom shelf.

Ingredients:
1 small head of broccoli, chopped
1 small daikon radish, chopped
1 pitifully small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp miso paste
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
1/4 tsp bonito flakes


  • Sweat the onion in olive oil in a pot until translucent
  • Add garlic, and cook for one more minute  
  • Add radish, broccoli, stock, and spices/miso paste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes 
  • Allow to cool, then blend to a consistency you find palatable. 
Apparently, that consistency is CHUNKY for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment