Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Coconut Curry Squash Soup

I was whining all day that my throat is sore, my nose is congested and my sinus cavities ache. My coworker suggested I eat something spicy.
OF COURSE.
WHY HADN'T I THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE.
Not sarcasm.
Sort of.

I don't know I'm woozy from benadryl.

Ingredients:

1/2 a medium sized butternut squash, cubed
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp curry powder
2 cups stock
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp olive oil

Sweat the onion in the olive oil in a pot. Add garlic, and saute for a minute more. When done, add the stock and butternut squash, and simmer until tender (10 - 15 minutes if the cubes are small enough :) ). Add curry powder, coconut milk, and blend. If using a standard blender, make sure that you let the soup cool a bit before blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment