Monday, December 19, 2011

Curried Sweet Potato Soup

It's sad how if I eat like crap for just a bit, I feel like crap for much longer. I hung out with a few of my best female friends on Saturday, and we pretty much gorged ourselves on fried and sugary foods. I pride myself on cooking the vast majority of my own meals, and for sticking to a relatively healthy diet. However, that day, I did not eat anything that hadn't been fried. 
Someone told me recently that's a sign of getting old. I know that isn't really what it is.
I can't possibly be getting old.  
I've always been like that. 
Maybe I was born old. 
I've been told I'm old soul, on several occasions. 
Maybe that was a nice way of saying "That skirt looks like it belongs to an geriatric with dementia." 

Regardless, I felt the overpowering need to cook something with VEGETABLES. 
AND NO MEAT. 
AND VERY LITTLE OIL. 
AND SUNSHINE. 
AND HAPPINESS.  
AND RAINBOWS. 
AND UNICORNS.

Due to a severe lack of unicorn steak, I opted instead for a delicious sounding stew at Everyone Likes Sandwiches. I left out the rice, since I bought some rather disappointing onion rolls from a grocery store, and added cooked adzuki beans for protein. 
And obviously, too much stock. 
And too much spicy curry paste.
So I topped it off with coconut milk to lower the heat. 


It was delicious, and just what I needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment