My worries were completely unfounded. This was utterly, and somehow surprisingly, delicious. Lemony, bright, and pleasantly spicy.
The recipe is from Love Soup, which is an absolutely adorable vegetarian cookbook. The quantities are a bit varied from hers, though.
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 apple, peeled and cored (gala I think maybe in my case? I'm not sure)
5 oz Arugula
1 boiling potato
3 scallions, chopped
1/4 Parsley, chopped
2 cups broth
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 c chopped pecans
1 tbsp olive oil
Serves two greedy Christina's
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and cook in the oven at 300 degrees for 10 minutes
- Sweat onion in a soup pot on medium with the olive oil until translucent
- Roughly chop the potato, arugula, and apple.
- Pour 2 cups water and two cups stock in a pot with the apples and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the scallion and simmer for five more minutes.
- Add arugula and parsley, and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, cayenne, and a pinch of nutmeg
- Puree in a blender to a consistency you like. Mine was hella hella chunky cause I like biting stuff .
- top with pecans