Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ginger Chicken Soup

I woke up last night repeatedly pretty much coughing my lungs out. I'm used to getting horrifically sick on a regular basis, but somehow this year I've been relatively healthy.
Obviously I was tempting fate.

I don't cook meat very often, but when I do, I make sure I fuck it up completely chicken soup is kind of one of those comfort foods I crave when ill. My mom used to make chicken soup for me when I was sick. I think that ginger and spice are a great way to clear out the sinuses when you're congested.

Ingredients:
2 chicken thighs
1 bunch mustard greens
4 scallions, trimmed and sliced into 3 inch lengths
3 cloves garlic
4 nickles of ginger (probably want to lower this to three if you aren't a huge ginger fan)
4 cups stock
2 cups water

Serves 3 sickly Christinas

  • Add everything but the mustard greens to the pot and simmer for 50 minutes. 
  • Add mustard greens and simmer for 15 more minutes 


Alright, time to crawl back into bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment