Sunday, September 25, 2011

Eggplant And Bean Red Curry

When I went grocery shopping with my mom last weekend, I pointed out a bag of mini eggplants. She saw them, basically reacted with OMG HOW CUTE I MUST EAT THEM!! (I assume that my mother was one of those kids who had a tiny pencil case with tiny pencils with tiny lead in them. She goes crazier for minature things than I do. )
Unfortunately, neither she nor my father actually likes eggplant, so I "rescued" them from their refrigerator.
I did ask before I took them.


Anyway, curry is one of my cures for not feeling so great. It came out pretty well, I think. I used a recipe from a thai cookbook of my mothers, but I made a lot of substitutions.

Ingredients:
I have no idea how much eggplant. See above.
6 oz green beans
1/2 cup edamame, thawed if frozen
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 thai chili, minced
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 tbsp red thai curry paste
Peanut oil
1/2 c each stock, coconut milk
Chopped cilantro for garnish

Heat one tbsp peanut oil in a nonstick skillet. Add garlic, chili, and onion, and sautee for about 2 minutes. Add curry paste and cook for two more minutes.

Add eggplant, and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables, cook for 2 more minutes. Add the stock and coconut milk, bring to a boil, and after it thickens a bit, remove from heat. Serve over rice :)


It tasted a lot better than it looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment