Thursday, September 29, 2011

Orange Sunflower Zucchini Bread

I love making quick breads. I love eating them. I love distributing them to my friends and family. I just flat out love baking, actually. I'm not actually sure why I wanted to make zucchini bread, but hey, I made it! I love zucchini bread so much. It's one of my favorite things to eat with coffee :) Zucchini bread reminds me of cold mornings when I was too lazy to make breakfast before class. I used to buy a slice from the little coffee stands that litter my alma mater to munch on while waiting for class to start.
I pretty much have the recipe memorized.. I'm not entirely sure where from... I think all recipes?

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (cold)
2 cups flour (white)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup juice or coconut milk. I wanted to use coconut milk but my replacement gay doesn't like coconut
1 egg
1 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, rinsed if salted
Zest of one small lemon

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl (Yes even sugar!) Then slowly cut in the butter. I like to use a fork and mash the butter against the sides of the bowl. Its probably good for working out all that pent up aggression that my libertarian coworkers incite in me.

Whisk the juice/milk, zest and egg together in a separate bowl. Look at my lack of an oxford comma! I'm using proper English up in this bitch. Pour the wet mixture into the dry but try to mix as little as possible. The more you mix, the less fluffy the final product will be. I JUST DROPPED SOME KNOWLEDGE ON YO HEAD, DAWG.
Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment