Monday, September 12, 2011

Gingery Cabbage and Mushroom Soup

A few weeks ago, a guy tried to impress me by saying he could make cabbage soup. I said that was gross. He later asked me out, and I made up some bullshit. Badly. Cause he knows me.

Turns out cabbage soup isn't that gross.
I hope that someday I wont say "Turns out sex with fatties isn't that gross."


Ingredients:
4 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
.5 lb cabbage, sliced
2 tsp ginger, minced
1/2 of an onion, sliced
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 cups stock

Cook cabbage, onion in oil until they start to brown, or if you're me, blacken because you walked away because you're addicted to terrible tv. Add ginger, salt, pepper and three cups vegetable stock. Turn heat to low, and let simmer for about ten minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
Optional: add chili oil to leftovers because...chili oil is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment