Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lightly Pickled Vegetables, Soy Marinaded Chicken Rice Bowl

Every once in a while when I go out, I end up going way harder than I intended.
I know this because I woke up with glitter on my arms and bruises on one of my legs.
... Yeah.

Apparently pickled food is what I do when I'm hung over... Even though I really just wanted a cheeseburger. The chicken in the bowl, though it looks decent, was disturbingly salty. Maybe my taste buds are screwed up, but.. I think it had an exceedingly high salt content.

Ingredients:
Pickled stuff:
1 large cucumber, sliced in sticks
1 large carrot, sliced in sticks
3 inch cut of daikon radish, sliced in sticks
Salt

Optional:
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar, I recommend using more than that though
A few squirts sriracha



Place vegetables in a colander, and lightly salt. Let sit for half an hour. I think you could let them sit for 10 minutes and you'd be fine. I decided to wash the WHORE off while waiting. Thus the half hour resting time.
If you want to eat the veggies now, don't bother with the pickling fluids. They're pretty decent as is, especially if you're eating them with other things.
If you want to actually pickle them: mix the liquid components together. Place vegetables in a bowl, and pour mixture over them. Let sit for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment