Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lemongrass Vegetable Soup

Finally using that lemongrass I bought when I went grocery shopping with my mom. This came out pleasatly spicy, but not overly so. This also managed to almost clear out my fridge!! Hurray!



Ingredients:
2 thai chilies, minced
1 medium clove garlic, minced
Zest of a small lime
Two stalks of lemongrass
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce or to taste
4 oz sliced crimini mushrooms
1/2 c peas (frozen in my case)
3 small carrots, sliced
4 cups stock

Serves slightly more than two

Mince the core of one of the stalks of lemongrass(IE just the parts that don't resist when you cut it. I physically can't cut anything but the inner core because of my complete lack of upper body strength and my general lack of interest in doing anything that takes effort). Chop the other one into a size where it will be able to be completely submerged in your pot(I cut it into 3 inch lengths. YES THREE INCHES I KNOW IT WAS THREE).
Place chilies, garlic, lime zest, sugar, soy sauce, and lemongrass in soup pot with stock. Heat until it boils.
Reduce heat to a simmer. Add peas and carrots, and cook for about 8 minutes. Add mushrooms, cook for two more minutes (so that they're cooked but not over cooked).

No comments:

Post a Comment